BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Poem

My dear friend, Julia, has recently lost someone close to her. He was a friend, a friend who was almost more than a friend. The only thing between them was distance. In honor of him, Justin, I wrote a poem. It's sad, I fear, but it shows meaning. Please comment, and any words shall be passed on.


Left Me
By: Tandice K****
June 6, 2009


What in the world just happened?
Life is standing still.
I can’t breathe,
Can’t eat,
It isn’t possible to see.
My tears crowd out my thoughts,
Running rivers down my face,
It’s not possible,
Not probable,
For you to just go away.
Is love so righteous?
So ignorant?
So bold?
That you could leave me here,
Washed up and away forever,
Broken into pieces,
No answers left in the world.
What is it?
What could it be?
That led you to leave,
To be without me?
I tried so hard,
I told you I cared,
I wanted you in my arms.


What just happened to me?
Was I left here to be forgotten?
A figment of your imagination,
So unreal that you could do this?
You left me here,
Drowning in my tears.
My sobs so silent,
People begin to worry.
I wish to be with you,
Darling,
Love,
Filling the world with purple skies.
I think of you,
How you have just left me here,
Not breathing,
Not eating,
Not sleeping a wink.


Should life be so hard?
Must love be so cruel?
To take your soul away from me,
I hear your laugh;
It’s dancing in the breeze.
I see your smile;
It’s reflected in the water.
I see the future;
It’s suddenly so empty,
Bare walls,
Picture-less halls,
It seems the world has grown so small.
I see no hope,
I feel no joy,
I no longer wish upon a star.
I was there for you,
Waiting for the chance,
The moment you’d say yes.
But suddenly you’ve vanished.
Gone to the unknown,
Leaving me-
My love-
All behind.



May he rest in peace.

Signed & Laced with Dreams,
Tandice :'(

4 comments:

Katie [The BleuTrumpet] said...

I love that, its really good. Especially the last stanza, it seemed the most meaningful to me.

Hailey said...

great poem tk and she shouldnt have to deal with this, suicide is terrible in every way!!!!

SimplyShy01 said...

I gave you an award!

8401 said...

i have been thinking of justin alot lately and idk why...so i had to read this again..(you are an amazing writer and you are going to go places..i have never seen anyone with your passion for writing or your skills...so when your famous just make sure you remember me okayy!)