BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Welcome Home....

Welcome Home
When I am gone, please don't cry; let me go.
I have so many things to see and do.
I have never dreamed I would do them without you.
Please don't tie yourself to me with tears,
Be happy that we've had our years.
I gave you my love, you can only guess,
How much you gave me in happiness.
I thank you for the love you have shown,
But now it's time I travel on alone.
So, grieve for me if you must;
Then let your grief be comforted by trust.
It's only for a while that we must part,
So bless the memories in your heart.
I won't be far away, for life goes on;
If you need me call and I will come.
Though you can't see or touch me,
I'll always be near;
And if you listen with your heart you will hear,
all my love around you soft and clear.
Then when you must come this way alone,
I'll greet you with a smile and welcome you home."
Again, I stole this poem from my friend, but I am kind of curious as to where she got it. Do tell me, friend, if you read this blog. I was ever so kind as to read yours and comment on almost all of your posts. You could answer this one question for me. <> but anyways, I, too, thought I should share it.
<.:OeCd:.>

2 comments:

Hailey said...

this poem was on my grandma's funeral card. ={

Capri Amier Amour said...

yea, i know... now